With all of the hustle and bustle in today’s business world, it can be difficult to stay on track. Multitasking is not as popular as it once was, in fact, multitasking can cause you to lose sight of each task at hand. The key is to be fully present and mindful on one task at a time, and once that particular job is completed, move on to the next task. Here are some tips on how to break the scatter cycle and start putting in 100% focus into each and every project.
- Start a Priority List. Take a piece of paper and put two columns down. Next, put down each and every task that needs to be done by today on the left side. Then, on the right side, jot down other tasks that need to be done tomorrow or a week from now. This reduces the stress of being overwhelmed. It also makes each task clearer when written out and put in order of importance.
- Create Boundaries. Setting clearly defined boundaries can decrease the likelihood of any interferences and distractions. Learn to say no to any interferences when in the middle of a job or task, unless it is an emergency. Setting clearly defined boundaries will also help set the stage for teammates and or employees so they can follow suit.
- Be Realistic. Learn to form habits you can maintain. Be realistic with your company’s goals and tasks. Try not to take on too much or too little. Learn to find that perfect balance at work. This can be tough at times, but once you start being aware and present, a workplace balance will start to come naturally.
- Practice Organization. Stay organized in everything that you do. This is another easy way to stay mindful as there tends to be fewer distractions when your desk is organized. Use calendars, agendas, and to-do lists wisely.
- Breathe. Take the time to pause and really step back. This can help clear your head and help you to make better decisions and perform better at each and every task.
For more information on how to stay present in the workplace and improve performance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.