How often do you express gratitude for the things in life that make you happy? Are you too focused on negativity to recognize the great things that you have around you?
Managing your own business or running a large organization is not an easy task. Often it can be a juggle to keep everything running smoothly. In the midst of the chaos and busyness, take a moment to reflect on what is working around you and stop yourself from fixating on what is not working. Express thanks to your team members, colleagues, family and friends who are likely contributing a great deal of happiness in your life that you may at times unintentionally take for granted. Sometimes it just takes a simple thank you to make someone feel valued and appreciated.
As an entrepreneur, I can attest to how easy it is to focus on problems and challenges and forget to be mindful about all of the positivity and great people supporting me. To help me remind myself to express gratitude and to ensure I am attracting positivity into my life, I follow the following steps:
- Every morning I start my day quietly with a cup of coffee and reflect on what I am grateful for. This can be as small as the sun shining in through the window, the taste of my coffee, the people in my life or any recent personal or professional accomplishments.
- I try to my best to say thank you to my team and let them know I appreciate and value them.
- I have freed up time in my schedule to volunteer and give back to non-profit organizations and help out people I care about.
- I do my best to offer value to anyone I work with. I feel good when I help others, so my motivation and spark is ensuring I make a difference, even if it is small, to as many people as possible.
- At the end of the day as I am getting ready for bed, I think about the positive things that occurred that day and fall asleep visualizing future things I want to attract.
Being mindful helps me feel more positive and motivated and makes it that much easier to be grateful for the small things around me despite my busy lifestyle.
Reflect on the things that make you feel grateful and continue to look for ways to attract positivity in your life. It can make a big difference.